Table of Contents
- Organization Management (IAM)
- Customize Navigation User Interface
- OpenStack Client
- Setup S3-only Client
- Edit Client
- Reset Client User Password
- uProvide autocreate OpenStack SubServices
- Decommissioning of a Trail / Demo Client
- Decommissioning of a Production Client
- Dashboard Management
- Quota Management
- Create Client OpenStack Project
In this area, you as a reseller manage your customers (clients), users and permissions for the Cloud Service Portal©.
To add a new client for the Cloud Service Portal© and the offered cloud services, e.g. OpenStack, please follow the steps below:
- Create Client - Creates the client account in the Cloud Service Portal© and the link to the uProvide account
- Enable Client Services - Enables a cloud service for a customer (client)
- Create Client User - Creates a client user and permissions to access the portal and cloud services
The detailed user permissions for the individual cloud services (e.g. OpenStack) can be found in the corresponding submenus of the services (e.g. OpenStack).
To create a new client, please log into uProvide and first create an “Uprovide account” with the address and contact details for this new client. Now switch to the area of the created up-account and click on Services new.
- Now select the corresponding service Cloud Service Portal Client in the EW Cloud section.
- Please fill out the client form and then click on create
- Client Name: Enter the client name here
- Client Description: Enter a description of the client here
- Client state: Select the state of the client here (e.g. Trial, Demo, Production, Managed)
- Available Services: Tick the service  (e.g. OpenStack) which you want to enable for the client.
- Primary color: Initial default values are specified here, which you can change later with Edit Service. The colors affect the main menu of the client dashboard as well as the different forms. The values are in HexDec.
- Secondary color: Here you can set the secondary color of the client dashboard. The values are in HexDec.
- Icon: Optionally, you can enter here the URL to an icon of the client, which is displayed in the upper left corner on the client dashboard. If you leave this field empty, the icon of the reseller will be displayed.
You have now created a client account in the Cloud Service Portal in your reseller realm and linked it to the Uprovide account you just created. This connection will later be used for billing and allocation of used services and resources (USAGE). As soon as the customer / reseller creates an OpenStack project, it will be displayed here as a SubService with the USAGE data (see uProvide autocreate OpenStack SubServices).
|||The OpenStack Service needs to be enabled for the S3 Object Storage Service and Panel to be turned on and used.|
For this you need the authorizations on level Reseller
The OpenStack Service needs to be enabled for the S3 Object Storage Service and Panel to be up and running.
For a service such as OpenStack to become available to a client, you must select it and activate it once.
- To do this, navigate to the client area at the top and click Services`then :guilabel:`Services in the navigation on the left.
- Now please click on the action button Activate Service and watch how the status changes from Not ACTIVE to ACTIVE. The service is now activated for the Client. Now activate the service for the desired users of the client.
- Now create a user for this client if not already done (see Create Client User).
In order for a client to be able to log on to the Cloud Service Portal© or to use the service, it requires a user with the appropriate permissions.
- To do this, navigate to Organization Management on the left, Clients and then click on the small arrow on the right of the line of the desired client for which you want to create a user and select Manage Users.
Use the filter options to reduce the client list
- You are now in the User Management of this client. Now click the button +Create User to create a user for this client.
- Then fill in the fields accordingly:
- User data: Please enter the user data  here
- Clients: The Client Permissions are exclusively reserved for Reseller Users and may NOT be assigned to Client Users!!!
- Users: With these permissions a user can view, create, delete and edit other users of the client. Please select the desired permissions.
- Management-profiles With these rights you allow the user to create and manage permission profiles for his client (see Create User Profile). Then click on Add.
With Client Permissions a user would get Reseller Permissions and could create and edit other clients accordingly! A user of a client should therefore NEVER get these rights!
|||Profiles - If you have already created a User Permission Profile in Dashboard Management, you can select it here.|
After clicking Add a success message appears briefly with the initial password, which you can reset at any time (see Reset Client User Password ).
In Dashboard Management, among other things, the permissions for the Cloud Service Portal are managed with the help of profiles. This allows any user profiles to be created, which can then be selected as a permission profile when creating a user.
With the help of User Profiles, you can ensure that certain groups of users always receive the same permissions. The selected permissions are stored in a user profile, which you can then select when creating a user. This makes it much easier to manage the permissions of users. Also, you can easily change the permissions centrally for all users who use a particular profile.
- To create a user profile, please navigate to Dashboard Management >> Profiles on the left and then click Create Profile
- Please enter a profile name, tick the permissions you want to assign to this profile and complete your entry by clicking the Add button.
- Below are some examples of user profiles:
By granting client permissions a user gets reseller rights and can therefore create and edit other clients!
Quota management is described in detail in the Client User Manual (see Quota Management), so this section is limited to the additional functions of a reseller.
As a reseller, you can then assign the quota panel permissions for your and your clients’ users under Quota in Manage permissions. To do this, click on the Manage permissions button on the right-hand side of the line for the relevant user.
If you do not grant a user permissions for the Quota Panel, it will not appear in the navigation for this user.
In contrast to a client, you as a reseller will find the quotas of all your clients under Quota Overview.
Additionally you have another menu item Pending quota requests in which you can list and edit all quota requests of clients in tabular form.
For easier management of your and your clients’ resources you can create quotas, for which you can find a description under Create Quota Profiles. As a reseller, you can also make created quota profiles visible and selectable for your clients.
- To do this, check the Inheritable box when creating a quota profile.
Your clients can use profiles they have shared, but they cannot edit them.
Alternatively, you could create a quota profile for one of your clients.
- To do this, navigate at the top to the area of the Client (1) for which you want to create a quota profile and then click on Quota in the navigation on the left and then on Profiles.
- Now click on the Create profile button (2).
- Then fill in the form and confirm with the create button.
For more information, see Create Quota Profiles.
To create an OpenStack Project for a client,
- Make sure that you are in the area of the corresponding client. If not, first navigate to the area of the Client for which you want to create a project.
please follow the instructions in the following chapter Create OpenStack Project.